Wednesday, October 24, 2007

autumnal

This morning, Peanut took one of our pumpkins to school to carve for their autumn festival. I just couldn't not take a pictures of the clothes she put herself in. I wish I had that girl's wardrobe. And also that I was 7. I think that helps.


Also! I made green tomato preserves yesterday, a la The Silver Spoon because I just didn't think that my heart wanted me to fry these babies up as much as my stomach did.


Posted by Picasa

The Recipe:

2 lbs. green tomatoes, chopped
1 c. sugar (this will be for next time. This time I used 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 and it was waaaaay too much.)
Juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon.

Let macerate for a couple of hours and then cook until the juice becomes syrupy.

Can.

I....may not do this one again. The idea of a green tomato conserve was enticing, but I think I may be more of a savory green tomato kind of girl.


No comments: